~ ABLETON 1-1 MENTORSHIP PROGRAM ~
Thank you for your interest in the Ableton 1-1 mentorship program. This comprehensive program has been designed to give you a comprehensive understanding of all aspects required to be an independent music producer working in a home or professional studio environment with the help of digital audio workstation (DAW). This course has been designed to ensure you have a firm understanding of the following topics across 20 sessions of 1 hour each.
- Fundamentals of Sound: Physics of Sound, Sound Wave Propagation, Discerning Pitch and Characteristics of Complex Waveforms, History of Recorded Music, Modern Production Workflow: Understanding Your Role As A Producer.
- Physics and Human hearing: Perception of Sound, Phase, Psychoacoustics, Human Hearing Range, Understanding the Working of the Human Ear (Hearing vs Listening), It’s Non-Linearities and Listening Response.
- Decibels and metering: Measuring Sound Acoustically and Digitally. Practical Audio Metering in the Digital Audio Workstation (DAW). DBFS and dBSPL and their Practical Application in Recording, Producing and Mixing Music.
- Studio Equipment: Mics, Cables, Consoles, Monitors, Headphones, Audio Interfaces and MIDI controllers.
- Digital Technology: A/D conversion, Sampling Rate, Bit Depth and Buffer Size.
- Ableton Live 11 in depth: Covers the entire software, all instruments and possible production workflow both: In The Studio & On Stage.
- Digital Signal Processing: Audio Effects: EQ’ing, Compression, Gating, Expansion, Limiting, Reverbs, Delays and more.
- MIDI, Sampling, Synthesis: Understanding MIDI Protocol, MIDI Piano roll, MIDI Effects, Re-sampling Audio, Sampling & Synthesis Fundamentals and Advanced Techniques. Types of Synthesis and Sound design (Advanced Synthesis).
- Music Theory Basics: Writing in Scale, Forming Chord Progressions (producing elements that make up music) Rhythm, Bass, Harmony, Melodies. Demonstration of tools to help assist with Writing Chord Progressions, Bass-lines and Melodies- Motives.
- Mixing: Optimising the Sound Stage, Stereo Width, Balance and Bass Management.
- Push 2 Controller (Optional): For hands on control of Live in the Studio and On Stage.
- Arturia’s V Collection : Third party Virtual Instruments & Audio Effects.
- Production tips: Feedback on assignments, and more!
Ableton Trainer Bio: https://www.ableton.com/en/certified-training/hozaifa-sayed/
Link to mastered releases: https://open.
Link to track produced: https://soundcloud.
Student Testimonials and more: https://www.instagram.
*Please note, I also provide a customised 1-1 Online Mixing Mentorship Program.1-1 Mixing Course Modules:
- Basics of Sound
- Human hearing
- Decibels & Practical Metering
- Digital Technology
- The concept of “Balance” in mixing
- Studio Equipment and Setup
- Managing the sound stage
- Creating depth mixing low end
- Working volume faders
- Signal Processing & Mixing Tools (Frequency, Dynamic & Time Based Processing)
- Use of Effects & Automation
- Mixing with Musical Perception
* My courses have been designed to give you both the music production and audio engineering skills essential to the modern music production environment. By making informed decisions, one’s creativity, artistic abilities and musical ideas are allowed to flow and studio time be utilised to its maximum for a good and consistent sounding outcome.